Well, I think I may have set a record for number of contacts with medical personnel in a 48 hour period. I won't go through the litany, but I do want to mention that I awoke this morning at 6am to my cell phone blasting its obnoxious song (need to change that one day) and a call from MD Anderson Cancer Center to let me know that they had an appointment for me for next Tuesday (also at 6:30 am--don't these people understand time zones?). So presuming I can get everything together and the insurance company comes through, Allen and I will be on our way next Monday and gone through Friday. I will keep blogging! Leah will be staying with friends (you know who you are).
Speaking of Texas, I know we all miss the W, so here is a quote: 'I was raised in the west, the west of Texas, its pretty close to California in more ways than Washington DC is close to California."
Thoughts about food: I have been pigging out in a serious way for 2 weeks, and have not gained a pound. My neice in medical school tells me about the "self-regulation" of the body's metabolism. I am thinking about the line from Woody Allen's movie "Sleeper" in which he wakes up in the future to find out that tofu and brown rice are bad for you, but hot fudge sundays are good for you.
By the way, I am very excited to have followers!
HI Judy. I am trying to access this for the third time. A nice medical student is helping me. We will see what happens.
ReplyDeleteHi again. I am very impressed with this creative and elegant narrative of your recent trials and tribulations - I had appreciated your previous writing of the children's story of the tailor in the past, but these writings are very descriptive - Thinking of you often. Love, Renee
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete10 bucks says I gain the weight for you. What can I say. . . that's just the kind of good friend I am. Leah is, of course, welcome any time. We'll stock up on chocolate chips.
ReplyDelete