Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Procedures: And the Oscar goes to...


For most interesting procedure:  Mask Making (see post below)
For most invasive (so far):  Biopsy and Laryngscopy under General Anesthesia--ick...
For best Sci Fi:  PET scan:  inject with radioactive isotope, lay in donut shaped machine in isolated room--instructions afterwards include do not hug any small children or pregnant women...
Least invasive:  Chew small piece of wax, spit in cup (to check dental bacteria levels)
Favorite:  Ultrasound of any kind (I like that warm gel thing)
Least favorite:  things that involve needles

Special award for Best Facilities:  Carol Ann Reed Breast Center at 3100 Summit:  Ladies, this is an awesome facility, complete with many amenities.  I was there for a short time, but was very impressed with decor, etc. , (including a small round entryway from the bigger facility into the Center that is tiled, has water dripping down the walls, and bird chirpy music--really like a little spa scene--very calming.)

Worst:  My surgeon's office, circa 1950 including dusty plastic plants...I wonder if he has ever been into the waiting area?



No comments:

Post a Comment